What exactly are cookies?
Cookies are small data or text files that are installed on your computer or mobile device when you visit a website or use a (mobile) application. The cookie file contains a unique code that allows your browser to be recognized by the website or web application during the visit to the online service or during subsequent, repeated visits. Cookies can be placed by the server of the website or application you are visiting, but also by third-party servers that may or may not cooperate with this website or application.
Cookies generally make the interaction between the visitor and the website or application easier and faster and help the visitor to navigate between the different parts of a website or application.
You can refuse the installation of cookies via your browser settings. You can also delete already installed cookies from your computer or mobile device at any time, as follows:
- Internet Explorer: https://support.microsoft.com/nl-be/help/17479/windows-internet-explorer-11-change-security-privacy-settings
- Chrome: http://support.google.com/chrome/bin/answer.py?hl=nl&answer=95647
- Firefox: http://support.mozilla.org/nl/kb/cookies-enable-and-disable-websites-preferences?redirectlocale=nl&redirectslug=Cookies+enable+and+disable
- Safari: http://support.apple.com/kb/PH5042
When you disable cookies, please be aware that certain graphical elements may not look good or you may not be able to use certain applications.
These cookies ensure that the webshop functions properly.
- Saved browser settings so that you can optimally view our webshop on your screen;
- The possibility to save your login details so that you do not have to re-enter them every time;
- Detecting possible abuse or possible problems in our webshop, for example by registering successive failed login attempts.
Functional cookies: Shopify
Analytical cookies are there to investigate store usage. These statistics provide insight into how often we are visited and where we can improve the webshop. Among other things, the following data is stored:
- The IP address that will be made anonymous;
- Technical characteristics, such as the browser you use (such as Chrome, Safari or Firefox), the resolution of your computer screen, your language preference and which device you use;
- From which page you came to the webshop;
- When and for how long you visit or use the webshop;
- Which pages you visit in our webshop.
Analytical cookies: Shopify, Mailchimp, Google
- we can keep track of which advertisements you have already seen;
- we can keep track of how many times you have already seen an advertisement;
- we can prevent you from seeing the same advertisement over and over;
- we can track whether you click on the advertisements;
- we can track whether you place orders after you have seen or clicked on an advertisement;
- we can combine your online surfing, searching and purchasing behavior regardless of which device you use;
- By combining these characteristics, we estimate your advertising interest and can tailor the advertisements that we show you in our webshop and on third-party websites accordingly.
Marketing cookies: Facebook, Google, Mailchimp